COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols
Pushcart Players is committed to ensuring safe in-person engagement with our young learners, educators, families, and artists in schools and theaters nationwide. As a touring company, our safety protocols are structured to reflect what we’ve done, and what we are doing as visitors bringing live theater and education programs to you.
The safety measures we have put in place coincide with guidelines provided by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), Actors’ Equity Association (AEA, the union for professional actors and stage managers), the NJ Theatre Alliance (NJTA, the consortium of the state’s professional theaters), and individual state and local mandates. The requirements are directives by federal and state laws. All COVID-19 rules and procedures will be subject to change as new developments in health and safety continue to evolve.
- All Pushcart performers, teaching artists, and technicians are fully vaccinated; all have presented verification of vaccination dates and will present this verification to our sponsors upon request. All personnel are tested regularly in the appropriate proximity to their in-person engagement.
- Working measures during rehearsals have ensured social distancing between performers and staff, and masks have been worn by actors when not on stage. Masks will be worn by all company members when visiting a school or other venue, or as required by their individual procedures; actors will not be required to wear masks when they are on the stage. Teaching artists will remain masked in the classroom.
- Weekly COVID-19 tests are administered to all performers, technicians, and teaching artists while under contract with Pushcart Players.
- Temperature checks are taken each day before any company member enters a site we are visiting.
- All costumes, props, and scenic pieces are regularly sanitized.
- A COVID Safety Manager (CSM), as required by AEA (or COVID Compliance Officer [CCO]) is trained and certified, and on-site for every phase of theater production to ensure the proper completion of appropriate safety protocols.
- Pushcart acknowledges awareness of the OMICRON and subsequent variants and will comply with any changes in safety protocol and procedure as they develop, and will be attentive to any necessary actions required by additional variants.
Pushcart Players asks that you:
Please follow all safety protocol guidelines as directed by the CDC, your state, and your local school district regarding social distancing, proper masking, vaccination, and room capacity. Include Pushcart’s COVID Safety Protocol survey with the trouping contract.
THEATERS and OTHER PUBLIC VENUES:
Please follow appropriate safety protocol guidelines including but not limited to social distancing, vaccines/testing, masks, food service limitations, venue capacity, and entrance requirements. Include Pushcart’s COVID Safety Protocol survey with the trouping contract.
[Updated June 2022]